Posted by : RunnerBecky Friday, March 1, 2013

Today's Workout:

5.0 miles in 46:17 (9:15 pace) on the treadmill

1.0 incline

It has been almost a year since my last (my second on record) half marathon. I've been running but just haven't pulled the trigger on signing up for a race. I already teach 5 Zumba classes a week, plus a few runs. It is hard to find the time to train when my time slots for working out are already spoken for. Someone has to watch the little one since our gym doesn't offer child care so that usually means the late afternoon or evening run for me (I have tried to do the whole morning person thing. It just doesn't work for me!)




With that being said, I had eyed a race a few months ago that would give me adequate training time. The Rock N Roll Half Marathon- Nashville race is the end of April. I have been to 5 of the 7 continents, but I haven't been to Nashville. Crazy!! We are a few hours away so the hubs and I are planning a fun birthday weekend for me (I'll be 27 in May!) and I'll just log 13.1 miles while we're there. No big deal.



What to expect in terms of elevation

I am super excited about another race. I've got a long way to go on training. My PR is 2:18:05 and I'd like to     beat that of course. I have a pretty ambitious goal that I won't share :) Not yet. I'm bummed about running a race solo though. My first race I trained and ran with my friend Lianne DETAILS HERE! My second race I trained alone just 6 weeks postpartum and ran with my sister DETAILS HERE! This time, I'll be all alone. Unless YOU want to run with me!!! Wouldn't that be grand?

Now it is time to buckle down and start logging miles!


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner