Posted by : RunnerBecky Sunday, January 17, 2010

First off, I cannot believe how long it has been since I made an entry. I am back to training! The Disney Princess Half-Marathon is 45 days away and I am getting so excited. I have been training pretty consistently these days. A friend from church who has run a few half-marathons has been giving me some awesome advice on how to best prepare for race day. She told me to practice for the BIG DAY as much as I can in terms of hydration, breakfast, etc. It has been nice to get advice from a veteran :) Yesterday I had a long run. I met up with my friend Lianne who is also training for the half-marathon. We ran a 5.2 mile run and I was thrilled that I ran it without having to stop. That is the longest run I have ever had without stopping. Over Christmas break I did 6.6 miles with a 4 minute run 1 minute walking recovery. It was a challenge! Now I'm glad that I am starting to see the progress I have been making. I'm in the best cardio shape I have ever been in! This week I am hoping to have two runs and a long run again with Lianne on Saturday. We are going to attempt 7.8 miles. :) Running has been awesome for me. It has been a HUGE challenge. I can remember first training in September and feeling like I would never be a good runner. Now I can run 5.2 miles. It's phenomenal and I am so glad all of the hard work is beginning to pay off.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner