Posted by : RunnerBecky Thursday, May 23, 2013


If you have noticed on my Daily Mile, I haven't logged a run in about a month and I have a valid reason for that:

I'm PREGNANT!


Here is the first look at our little bean. We are thankful for hearing (and even seeing!) a strong heartbeat. 


I'll be 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow and we're due with baby #2 on December 27th. My blog is going to shift a bit as I won't be running, but I hope you'll stick around as I try to make healthy choices during my pregnancy and keep off as many pounds as I can. I felt just awful with my first pregnancy but am hoping to make better choices this time around. I hope to walk more and even take the Zumba classes I once taught. 


This pregnancy was the reason why I was unable to run the Country Music Half Marathon I had been training for. I had a miscarriage at the end of January and my doctor wanted me to take as many precautions as possible in the early stages of pregnancy. I couldn't have agreed more. Life is so fragile. 



As for me, I'm tired. Queasy. Weak. On fire. And no, I'm not going for a run. Not for a while at least. I had to give up Zumba this week and just need to take it easy while this first trimester passes and please, pass quickly. These first months are trying and even more so now that I have a toddler to take care of. It is challenging, but when I am weak, He is strong! I am thankful for this.



This little guy has stolen my heart. He brings us so much joy and brings us to prayer often as we long to see him know and love the Lord. As our family expands we are trusting Him every moment of every day. We are very thankful and thrilled about the journey ahead!


He can't wait to be a big brother!


Any other pregnant mamas out there?

How do you stay fit during pregnancy?

{ 3 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. That is so awesome! I am so happy for you! :) I will keep you and the baby in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely welcome and appreciate your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner