Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, April 20, 2013


I read a lot of running blogs. A LOT. Most of the ones I read each day made mention of local running tributes to the Boston Marathon and the events that took place on Monday. Big cities around the country were hosting runs to show their support of the Boston Marathon and although I am in a small town I thought, what the hey, I'll try to round up my fellow runners and do the same.




It was a perfect morning to run! 


And we're off! Running around town and showing our support.



The flag at our local post office was at half mast. It has been a sad week for our country. Please continue to remember and pray for the families of: 

Martin Richard, 8

Krystle Campbell, 29

Lingzi Lu, 23

Officer Sean Collier, 26


There are lots of fundraising efforts taking place as well.

 I have seen lots of t-shirts being sold as a means of raising funds.

Here are a few shirts being sold:











Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner