Posted by : RunnerBecky Tuesday, April 17, 2012

We did it!

Bonnie and I completed the Gulf Coast Half Marathon in Pensacola on Sunday.

Leaving the apartment at 5:45AM



With this being my second race I felt pretty confident and was actually really excited about the run. I enjoy pushing my body to the limit. Seems like torture, I know, but it is a huge adrenaline rush!

The course was great. 1,800 runners. Beautiful weather.

I had no idea how beautiful Pensacola Beach was! It was such a great run right beside the gulf. There was a great breeze off the water and the sun was shining bright. It was warm! I think I overheard a lady say it was in the upper 70s and 83% humidity.

The first 10 miles weren't so bad. I was keeping a 10:30 min per mile pace and was trying to maintain that. I knew by mile 10 my body would be spent and I was right.

By the time you've logged 10 miles your body hits a wall. It is hard to describe but I am always amazed how my legs keep running. Everything hurt ... my hip flexors, ankles, feet. By that time it is only a few miles until the finish line and you are so ready to be done that you just keep on moving.

I crossed the finish line in 2:18:05. That was 18 minutes faster than my first half marathon 2 years ago.

3 1/2 months ago I began training 6 weeks post baby.

Sunday, I completed my second half marathon.




Celebrating our victory on Pensacola Beach!

Can't wait to run another race!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner