Posted by : RunnerBecky Wednesday, May 1, 2013


I don't have a race recap to give and believe me, I am beyond upset about that. 

The truth is, I didn't make it to Nashville.

I didn't run.

I didn't come home with a medal.



I had been working really hard for this race and had raised $650.00 for the Alzheimer's Association.( A HUGE thanks to those of you who graciously gave to such an awesome cause! I will run my next race in memory of my Papa)

 I was prepared and ready!  You saw in my previous post how my bags were packed and ready to go! I had been waiting for weeks and months for this.  Well, the Lord had other things in store for me and I have learned to trust Him and go with it.

I didn't make it to Nashville because I was under the weather, headache of massive proportions and just felt weak. Running when you are sick isn't the best idea and so I figured I wouldn't push myself and be miserable the whole time running, especially since it was storming on race day! Miserable!

There will be lots of races in the future, but for the first time ever, I had to sit this one out. Hopefully I'll bounce back soon and hit the pavement.



I felt fine on Thursday night so we made it to John Mayer in Tuscaloosa on Thursday, which was a phenomenal show. He strained his vocal chords a while back, got surgery, and has been recovering. I was scared he'd never sing again and I'd never see him on tour. Thankfully, he is recovering quite well and although his vocal range isn't what is used to be (he said he'll be back to normal hopefully by June) it was still incredible to see him perform. Great show. Great new album. 

If his Born and Raised Tour is coming to your area, you don't want to miss it!




I even ran into sweet friends from college. We made a John Mayer road trip back in 2006 and scored front row seats. The John Mayer concert experience will never be the same.  

John Mayer ... circa 2006 


Once I started feeling better I decided I still wanted to try and make a little weekend vacation happen. My hubby and I had been saving up money and he had already taken time off work. We couldn't swing Nashville and I didn't want to be there and not be able to run. We decided to make a quick 24 hour trip to the beach. Great decision!


Mobile, AL

In light of the craziness that has taken place with Carnival cruise ships out of Mobile, I have no desire to sail away!

Hold your breath!


I had the most awesome shrimp sandwich for dinner and we took a quick stroll on the beach.



This Florida girl misses the Gulf!


We decided to take a swing at some putt putt golf. The hubs picked the most difficult course. Of course he intended to cream me, which he did by 10 strokes. I did, in fact, get a hole in one on the very first hole. SWEET!



Swing and a miss to the right! You can see the disappointment on my face. I think I'll stick to running.


When make a stop to pick up our little man at his grandparent's house and my father-in-law took us fishing on the river. I was the only one who didn't catch a fish, imagine that.

We ended having to leave early because of rain and lightning. I was drenched!



The weekend didn't quite go as planned, but you have to take life in stride. It went exactly how it was supposed to go. 

What did you do last weekend? Any great race stories?

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner