Posted by : RunnerBecky Thursday, May 2, 2013


Is it odd that I prefer to get my daily fruit intake via a smoothie? 



My husband said he thought I would say I prefer to get my fruit intake via candy. Yeah, I guess that is true too.




You all know how I feel about Publix orange slices!


Oh, and a purple bag of Skittles, on the rare occasion that I indulge in one.


I have a number of smoothie recipes that I like to use but every now and then I'll purchase a yummy fruit and veggie smoothie from Naked.


It is 100% juice with no added sugar, but you have to be careful. Even natural sugars can add up! I don't drink the whole thing at once. I usually pour 1/3 of it into a little juice cup and sip on it. 

The Green Machine contains:

2 3/4 apples

1/2 banana

1/3 kiwi

1/3 mango

and my fav, a hint of pineapple!

There is also spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, spinach, blue green algae, garlic, barley grass, wheat grass, ginger, and parsley.

And get this, it tastes AWESOME!


This little guy is pretty awesome too.

We had our first pool day in the backyard the other day.


Are you a smoothie person?

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner