Posted by : RunnerBecky Monday, April 22, 2013


Happy Earth Day, everyone!

I love all things EARTH: traveling it, preserving it, eating from it! :) 



I am no hippie and I am FAR from a gung ho "Crunchy Mama" but I do do a few things in our family to protect our resources and try not to be wasteful.

One thing we have done this spring is plant a vegetable garden. I don't have a green thumb. You might say that while the Midas touch turns everything to gold, my touch kills everything. I put forth a good effort but my efforts with yard work have yet to be successful... until now!


We have peas, squash, and cucumbers beginning to sprout.


Another I try to do is bring reusable bags with me to the grocery store. Not only does it save Wal-Mart from giving me a zillion plastic bags,  but it makes my life easier. I can fit all my groceries in 4 bags if the cashier is a good bag packer. 

Sometimes they just look at me like I'm CRAY CRAY when I ask them to use my reusable bags. Am I alone in this?


My FAVORITE thing we do is drink our water with a Brita filtered water pitcher. I cannot even begin to tell you how much dinero we have saved by doing this. I drink water like none other and could easily drink 8 bottled waters a day. This is so much easier for us and saves us from using countless plastic bottles.





WHAT ARE SOME THINGS YOU DO TO TAKE CARE OF MOTHER EARTH?


........................................


There is one more day until a winner is chosen for my awesome giveaway from City Maid Green. You could win an assortment of natural cleaning goodies valued at $55.00! You'll "scrub away the dirt, not the earth."

To enter: 



Comment below (if you can!) and let me know why you want to win! 

If you can't comment, write on my Facebook page's wall and tell me why you want to win.




Pop on over to City Maid Green to save some green today! 

Photo: Celebrate Earth Day with us by shopping at City Maid Green this week and save some green!  

Spend $25, save $5
Spend $50, save $10

* Promotion available through Earth Day, April 20th

..................................................

A moment of silence will be observed today at 2:50PM EST to remember the tragic bombings that took place in Boston just one week ago. 



Please pause to remember those lives that were taken and everyone who was impacted. 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner