Posted by : RunnerBecky Friday, March 29, 2013


Happy Good Friday!

It has been a great Friday for our family :) We took little man on his first trip to the zoo this morning and did a little shopping afterwards.

Checking out the leopards

The otters loved putting on a show

A little rhino action

We had a picnic lunch at the park outside the zoo and did a little shopping with leftover gift cards from Christmas.

An AWESOME early birthday gift

I have been in need of a new pair of shoes. I LOVE the Nike Free shoes and have a pair and will NEVER buy anything different if I can help it.

When we lived in Orlando I went to a running store and they watched me run and fitted me for what they thought were the perfect shoes for my feet: Asics.

Don't get me wrong, I have heard great things about Asics shoes, but they aren't for me. They give my feet support in the wrong areas and feel clunky and always end up giving me blisters.


 Nike Frees have never given me any problems. They are the most light weight shoes and you feel like you are almost running barefoot, in a totally good way. They can be pricey but I think it is a great investment. I am loving the purple and orange!

I have always wondered HOW MANY MILES DO YOU RUN UNTIL YOU NEED NEW SHOES?

I browsed several sites and found that the answers really vary. Some runners prefer do change their shoes after a certain amount of miles and others base it on the months that pass (this is for consistent runners). 

I have recently noticed that my shoes are starting to be pretty worn out and my knees have been giving me trouble, an indicator that I am not getting proper support. I have had 300+ miles on the pair I have now, plus I taught 5 Zumba Classes a week in them for a while. Now I have an awesome new pair of shoes specifically for Zumba so I won't have to wear my running shoes out.

I would say when to replace your shoes depends on how many miles you run and what else you use your running shoes for (cross training, everyday wear, etc.) If you start to feel pains or notice they aren't holding up like that once did, it might be time for you to invest in another pair.

We also stopped at Old Navy and they always have the BEST sales. I hardly EVER buy anything full price at Old Navy and prefer 60%-75% off which I got today. Woo hoo!


I grabbed 3 exercise tops  (regularly 16.97 each) and an awesome pull over jacket ( regularly $23.97) for $25.00. I saved $50.00. Amazing! 

Oh, I also got some awesome elastic headbands for when I workout at Claire's.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner