Posted by : RunnerBecky Thursday, February 28, 2013

...  (O come on, you know the lyrics)... On a cloudy day! :)

Yesterday was the first day I got out of bed for longer than a 10 minutes stretch and I was so thankful to have some strength and energy back. I'm not quite 100% and am still eating bland foods until my stomach can settle but I'll be teaching Zumba Classes today (find my classes HERE ). Zumba is the love of my life. Well, maybe the fitness love of my life. Don't get me wrong, I love running! There is no feeling like that of victory and overcoming what you thought was an insurmountable feat. Zumba is fun though. Running, not always so fun. I love cardio with all of my heart (no pun intended!) and love teaching my Zumba classes. I think my students have fun too :) They are a great bunch! We work hard and earn every single calorie we burn, which is usually between 650-1000. Crazy!! We are pouring with sweat at the end but had a blast!

So... back to the sunshine. Obviously the "cloudly day" or DAYS has to do with the stomach flu, but yesterday a little sunshine landed on my doorstep via jolly Mr. FedEx man. Don't you just love seeing that truck arrive at your house. Always some fun goodies arriving when he shows up.

Ladies and gentleman, may I introduce, my AMAZING new Zumba kicks ...

Are you green with envy yet?

Zumba high tops! 
Aren't they the coolest? I have been teaching in my running shoes (Nike Free) which are totally comfortable but I hate wearing them out from all of the classes I teach. I broke down and decided to invest in some official Zumba shoes and I am glad I did.

I'll admit, when I first put them on I felt a little like Ronald McDonald, but I didn't want to take them off. I may or may not have had a dress rehearsal or two in the dining room. I'll leave that up to you to decide. :) 

Sometimes it is the little things in life like a new pair of shoes that just turn your day around.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner