Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, January 12, 2013

And running on the beach is AMAZING.

This is where I decided to take a run today (picture is from the summer).

I grew up living at the beach and could see the Gulf of Mexico from the bedroom window. I remember countless runs on the beach growing up and got so used to it I would take it for granted. After getting accustomed to the treadmill I had forgotten just how beautiful it is to run and enjoy God's creation.

Today was a beautiful 73 degree day in January so I decided to tackle a 4 mile run this morning. I know all of the mile markers on the beach so I did a two mile out and back run. The view was breath taking and since my ipod died within the first mile I just ran enjoying hearing the waves crashing.

Hello people! Waves crashing! This is prime running real estate here! I passed less than 15 people on our little secluded beach (Visit Gulf County Florida).  There are always tons of seashells this time of year and I even saw some beautiful sand dollars intact and a small dead shark. Crazy!

I am so embarassed about my time. I think I was daydreaming too much to keep my feet moving fast. Oh well. It was a pleasant run nonetheless :)

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner