Posted by : RunnerBecky Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I am so thankful that our 13 month old is such a great eater. I have made a point since introducing solid foods to allow him to try as many fruits and vegetables as I could. Since jarred baby food only comes in so many flavors, I decided to make my own. He has yet to turn anything away, yet he definitely has his favorites. He is literally bananas for bananas! Now that he has been eating table foods he eats whatever we eat and we try to offer him a variety of healthy meals.

Enjoying his breakfast: a smoothie, whole wheat toast, and a scrambled egg

He LOVES to eat!

Double trouble


I once read of the importance of your child's diet between birth and age 5. It is a critical period for development and I am thankful we are able to offer him a healthy menu. We also decided (well, I decided really) to do Organic Whole Milk. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT WHY.

Here are a few of my favorite recipes for little ones:

Carrot, Zucchini, and Parsnip Fritattas

I found this recipe HERE!

Baby bars - these carrot and zucchini snacks are great for the toddler on the move.
Such a healthy breakfast option

I added some spinach and my little man gobbled it right on up! I offered this at breakfast and he LOVED it.



These Toddler Muffins were a huge hit as well!

Good Toddler Muffins - These lightly sweet muffins are made with bananas, squash, and carrots, and are perfect for getting veggies in at breakfast. Gotta make these!:)
Yummy!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner