Posted by : RunnerBecky Friday, November 2, 2012

We moved a few months ago from Central Florida to small town Mississippi, which is why I have deemed myself  "The Dirt Road Runner".  Running in a small town is a little challenging without the perks of suburban life: sidewalks, biking paths, parks, etc. 

I used to do my long runs here. Lake Baldwin in the Orlando area. The sidewalk around the lake is a 2.6 mile loop. There are always tons of people running, walking, biking...even big groups of runners training for local races.



We have had to say so long to Central Florida, and HELLO MISSISSIPPI!


It has been a little challenging figuring out running since we've moved. I used to run with little man in the jogging stroller but with sidewalks that are less than pedestrian friendly has been a bit of a task. I have decided early morning runs on the treadmill is best for me right now, until I can figure out how to safely run (and not get chased by dogs).  




I hit the treadmill today at Anytime Fitness for my long run for week 2. Yes, I am training. Again. After every race I always say I'll never run again, but, alas, here I am. I am kind of on the fence for attempting my first full marathon but have tackled week 1 and 2 of the Hal Higdon Novice 1 Marathon Training Plan.

The "plan" is with 16 more weeks of training I'll be ready for The Georgia Marathon


I am hoping to raise funds for The Alzheimer's Foundatin as I train and run! Please visit the link below to donate to a wonderful organization. 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner