Posted by : RunnerBecky Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's true!

I was doing a 3 mile run on the treadmill at the gym yesterday and when I gathered my belongings to leave a young lady stopped me. She implied that I must be a "runner" considering my pace (I was doing some speed training). She too wants to run but said a mile leaves her winded. I can totally relate, but I believe anyone and everyone can lay a solid foundation for running and although it takes time, running can and will get easier.

Training is key and let's be honest, IT IS HARD. It requires discipline for those early mornings when you'd rather stay in bed than hit the road and log some miles. Working up to the first few miles is challenging too, but if you stick with it you'll definitely reap the benefits and you'll be surprised at how far you will be able to run with some training!

I am no expert at this and my race results are far from impressive, but I do believe running can become a great hobby (races are SO FUN!) and leads to a healthier you.

Here are a few training plans I would suggest for your very first 5K:




Couch 2 5K




Hal Higdon



Jeff Galloway


I started with a run/walk plan and have completed 2 half-marathons without walking. It is possible! There is hope!

If your motivation is to be healthy and have a good time you can't lose!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner