Posted by : RunnerBecky Sunday, March 4, 2012


Today I did a 6.5 mile run that was my long run for the week. I took a week off last week from running to rest my body, but still did some ZUMBA and Spinning during the week for cross training. I was worried that the break would keep me from being able to finish my long run, but it didn't. I think it actually helped me. My body needed the rest and it was fresh and ready to go today!

It is exciting to think I am halfway to my half marathon. I still have a long way to go, but it is exciting to see the progress I have made in only a month and post baby. Woo hoo!

Sadly, I need new running shoes... desperately!

I realize posting a picture of my running feet isn't pretty, BUT notice the awful blisters these shoes are giving me. They are two years old and I love them, but they have got to go. I need a new pair and only have a few weeks to break them in.


I'll treat myself to a pedicure AFTER the half marathon. Bonnie(my sister) and I are signing up for a 5K in two weeks that is in our hometown. Super exciting! I'll try to squeeze in a few runs this week, hopefully breaking in some new shoes once I find a pair I really like, and I'll have an 8 mile run this week. Oh boy!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner