Posted by : RunnerBecky Sunday, February 19, 2012

I am slowly but surely logging miles! We are officially 8 weeks away from the half marathon and I realize I am pressed for time. My sister Bonnie who is training with me is up to 6.5 miles so we are starting to build some confidence that we can do this!


I did a 5 mile run on the treadmill at the YMCA Saturday morning and watching HGTV during my run. We don't have cable so it is always motivation to know I can watch TV while I run! It was a tough run. The first three miles were challenging. My knee was bothering me quite a bit, but I pulled through and finished. Woo hoo!

This week is a recovery week so I'll do some shorter runs, possibly some speed work. Saturday's long run is only 2.5 miles and my body needs the rest for sure.

I am on the lookout for new running shoes. Mine are two years old and worn out! I found some I wanted in Fitness Magazine.

Pretty sweet, right? They totally glow in the dark! I am not a night runner, but if I had these shoes (and a can of Mace) I would probably run at night :) They are a bit pricey ($120) but if I keep them for 2 years like my other Asics ( I paid $100 for them) it could be worth it. Regardless, they are BEAUTIFUL and I want them!!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner