Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, March 10, 2012

It has been nearly 2 years since my last pair of running shoes. I didn't run for about 6 months there during my pregnancy, but even still my shoes are worn out. I keep getting the worst blisters so I broke down and bought a new pair. I branched out and am trying out some Nike shoes instead of my typical Asics.



I was always told that Asics are the best running shoes and they have always been great for me as well ( I have had 3 pairs), but they actually offer me too much support on my arch which is causing the blisters. I was hesitant to try something new, but we'll see. I have yet to run in my new shoes, but I have been wearing them around the house and they are so incredibly light. It makes me feel like I am running barefoot. I have an 8 mile run today that I am getting psyched about and I am hoping these new shoes won't give me blisters or aggravate the existing ones too bad. I dropped way too much money on them, but I have a 5K next weekend and a half marathon in a few weeks so it seemed like a need! Hopefully I can break them in time for the Gulf Coast half marathon in a month. We'll see!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner