Posted by : RunnerBecky Wednesday, February 1, 2012



My last post makes me a little sad. 7 weeks after having a baby I am working to get back in shape and looking back at what GREAT shape I was in pre-pregnancy makes me realize it is going to be tough to get back in the swing of things.

The night I found of I was pregnant was the night after the Corporate 5K in downtown Orlando around Lake Eola in mid April.







At that time I was wanting to train for the Disney Marathon and had been doing lots of speed training and was running a 7:45 minute mile for about 4 miles. Amazing for me! I was teaching ZUMBA two times a week and taking ZUMBA classes 2-3 times a week, along with other cardio classes and weight training. I loved the YMCA and I spent a lot of time there.Exercise has always been something I have LOVED to do. I am always up for a challenge.

So here I am... only 3 lbs. away from my pre-pregnancy weight but much more out of shape than prior to baby Micah. I was sick and tired throughout my pregnancy and the last thing I wanted to do was exercise... I fainted at the 2011 Zumba Intructor Convention and that was the end of exercising until NOW.

I have started exercising regularly, but easing myself by into it. I try to squeeze push ups and sit ups in when I can( my abs are GONE thanks to pregnancy) or a workout dvd, and I have gone of a run (more like a sluggish jog) twice this week. Monday I ran only 10 minutes without stopping and today I ran 17. There is hope!

My sister and I want to run a half marathon in a few months. I am going to have to work hard to be ready by April but running 17 minutes today after not running in to long gave me a glimmer of hope.

All this to say that I am just happy to be back doing one of my favorite things: exercising. As competitive as I am it stinks to know I am not as in shape as I once was (there goes my pride) but I know I will dig in and do what it takes to get back into shape.

I'm back people... and it is great to be back!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner