Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, February 20, 2010

I am floored! Today I ran 13 miles to finish up the "intense" part of my half marathon training. This morning was my last LONG run before the big day, which is only 2 weeks away. Today's run was tough. If someone tells you that running 13 miles is "easy" that are pulling your leg because regardless, it is a tough challenge both physically and mentally. My bodies aches and I complain about everything that hurts around mile 8 (hips for sure, knees, ankles, feet, even my toes hurt) but I have learned that the pain doesn't go away so I just push through it. I'm usually a wuss when it comes to pain, but I'm toughening up a bit :) The race is 13.1 miles so today was a huge confidence builder because going in to the race I'll know that I am totally capable of running 13 miles without stopping!


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner