Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, February 27, 2010



Let the celebration begin! Well, almost. We are down to ONE WEEK... a week!!! Yay. Today Lianne and I ran our very last run together at Lake Baldwin. It was an easy 5.2 mile run, much better than 13 last weekend. I was exhausted after the run last week. I came home, grabbed some eggs and turkey bacon to help my body recover, and took a nap (well, pretty much hibernated) for about 4 hours. Today, thankfully was much less intense. Because our race is so close we are taking it easy this week to allow our body to rest and be at it's best on race day. This challenge has been so intense. It has taken a lot of time and dedication, but it's nice to see the end result. Most of the time the "means" to the end isn't all that fantastic, but the end is amazing. I'm ready to get this race going! Here are some pictures of our run today. It was 47 degrees and raining (drizzling I guess). Definitely not the most pleasant conditions for a run, but we weathered them bravely :)

Here is our "Before" run picture at Lake Baldwin. I look like a giant!

And our "After" picture. We are thrilled at all the progress we have made in the last 4 months!!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner