Posted by : RunnerBecky Monday, February 15, 2010

We are only 19 days from my first half marathon and I cannot believe it is officially here! When I entertained the idea of running a half marathon LAST January, I never thought I would be able to discipline myself enough to train for one. After we moved to Orlando last July, I decided to go for it, seeing that we live about 45 minutes from Walt Disney World and there are always very popular races there. I started training in September and didn't really realize that I was making "strides" and officially becoming a runner until a few months later. It has been a long journey, but a phenomenal one.


The past two Saturdays I ran 10 miles for my long run. The long runs are beginning to become more and more challenging. The excitement of hitting running milestones is subsiding and running 20+ miles a week is becoming normal. It is incredibly taxing on my body. My knees and hips are worn out and it is hard for me to imagine that after 10 miles I will still have 3.1 to go. This weekend we will attempt to run 12 miles and I am already dreading it! Running for more than 2 hours was not something I ever thought I was capable of doing, and now I do it every Saturday. I'm getting anxious about what to expect on race day but I am thrilled at the progress I have made and am ready to put all of my training to the test!

Here is a video the the inaugural Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2009. It paints a great picture of what to expect this year as well.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner