Posted by : RunnerBecky Monday, September 7, 2009



So I have selected the half-marathon I am training for. I need to sign up soon, but it costs a pretty penny :) It's the Disney's Princess Half Marathon on March 7th. That gives me exactly 6 months from today to train and prepare. Training has been going pretty well. Right now, I'm just trying to log miles. I have determined that I'm going to have to train at a significantly low pace in order to build my endurance up to 13.1 miles. Right now I'm sticking to my training plan and will be trying to have a 3 mile long run this Saturday. We'll see how it goes. Training on my own has been tough, especially since the others that are training for this race live in downtown Orlando, which is about 20 minutes away. I am have to discipline myself to run on my own and log the miles without any accountability, which is proving to be tough.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner