Posted by : RunnerBecky Monday, August 10, 2009

Roy and I ran a 5K in Mexico Beach on 4th of July weekend (see below). The run got me super excited about continuing to run and to potentially train for another race... so it's official! We are going to train for a half-marathon!!! It is a bold decision, but it is something we would really like to do. Since we have moved to the Orlando area, we have found a number of amazing biking and running trails and have even mapped out a 6.2 mile loop around our apartment. We are excited to pick out a half-marathon and get to training! We want to hold ourselves accountable by having a blog to keep you all updated EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!

Here is a picture of one of the trails in Seminole County. There are a NUMBER of amazing trails in the Orlando area, but this particular one is 9.8 miles long. Roy has a bike, but once I get a job, I think I'm going to celebrate by purchasing a bike so we can ride the trails.



Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner