Posted by : RunnerBecky Thursday, July 9, 2009

When I was sick the first week of June, it pretty much put me out for the next month. I have honestly never been that sick, or if I have, I can't remember when. I had zero energy and motivation. After being sick for a week, not keeping food down, etc, it took a while to recover. Needless to say, I did not continue training. Randomly, Roy and I signed up for a 5K in Mexico Beach, FL for the 4th of July weekend. We had ZERO training! I really wanted something to get me motivated and help me get back into the running mood, so we ran in the race. We ran about 90% of it, so I was super excited that with little to no training we did decent. It did in fact get me back into running. I'm starting back slow, hoping that with moving to Orlando I'll have more opportunity and more motivation to stick with running. There is a 5K in Oviedo in September so I am going to train a bit and try out another 5K in a few months, hopefully shaving off 5 minutes of my time :) I'll keep you posted though. I'm trying to learn to be more disciplined... one day at a time!





Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner