Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, May 25, 2013



This weekend was our town's big festival weekend and when I heard about their annual 5K race I was eager to sign up. Nothing better than a 5K in your backyard. Literally. We walked about 100 yards to the starting line from our house.

Well, being 9 weeks pregnant takes me out of the race for a bit so I signed my husband up to run and represent our family. Poor guy. Bad timing on my part. He had an incredibly busy week with turning in all of his ordination papers and tests (he is working towards being an ordained minister in the PCA) and this Thursday night was our youth group's annual silent auction fundraiser. Little sleep. Lots of stress.

I told him he didn't have to race, considering he has going on a run twice in the last month. Oh... and last night our little man was running a 104 degree temperature so he cuddled in bed with us, which means we really didn't get much sleep last night.


Reluctant about running since his recent diet consists of coffee and ice-cream. 


Look at that smile! 

Nothing like a cold turkey 5K. This isn't the first time he has run a 5K cold turkey. I wouldn't suggest it.


And a great finish!!


If you have been reading my blog for the past few months you know how hard I have been working to get race PRs, which I've done with both my half marathon and 5K times. So far I have only placed once and had no idea I had done so I didn't stick around for the awards ceremony. 

So, funny things is the hubs doesn't train and ends up placing 3rd in his age division. What a stud! 




He proudly displayed his trophy on the mantle.



Little buddy wasn't feeling 100% so we made a quick trip around the festival to see what was going on.

The festival is literally 25 yards out of our door so it was so nice to just walk over and browse a bit.


Mommy shared her salad from the salad bar with him at lunch. Yummy ham, cucumber, fruit, pasta :) The kid can put away some food.



We enjoyed some great Bluegrass music!



And his grandparents bought him a truck. He was a happy boy :)



After a quick trip to see the most precious puppies ever we called it a day.

Is there anything cuter than a little boy and a puppy?



It has been hard to sit on the sidelines for races, especially this morning. At 9 weeks pregnant I have been pretty sick all week and was grateful for a day to spend with my family out and about. 

How has your weekend been so far?

Did anyone race this morning?

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner