Posted by : RunnerBecky Wednesday, April 3, 2013


I made one of my hubby's favorite meals the other night:

 Paula Deen's Beef Stroganoff

I know what you are thinking, did it have 2 sticks of butter?

I will be the first to admit we rarely eat out of Paula Deen's cookbooks and even in this instance I tweaked the recipe up a bit to make it a more healthy option.

I substituted sour cream with Greek yogurt and for the first time I made my own substitute for Cream of Mushroom Soup. No chemicals! 


I had no idea it was so EASY and CHEAP to make your own. So I did and I'll admit, the taste and texture of our meal was a little different, but it wasn't bad at all. 

Here is what you'll need:


+ 1 cup of milk

______________________________________________________

Take 2 tbsp of flour and 2 tbsp of butter and saute them

Add 1 cup of milk

Add your desired amount of mushrooms

It is THAT EASY!






Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner