Posted by : RunnerBecky Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Run:

8 miles outdoors/ 1:12:06

I love the smell of sunscreen. It is incredibly nostalgic for me being born and raised in The Sunshine State. I immediately think of the beach but today there was no beach in sight when I lathered up for my outdoor run. I am a hyper sunscreen user and I am addicted to Chap Stick. 


I decided to hit up a local school's track and although running in circles may not seem any better than running on the treadmill to you, it was a pleasant run. Rachel met me after my first 5 laps and ran a few miles with me so that helped pass the time. 

I did 32 laps around this bad boy and it really wasn't too bad. I am in dire need of new shoes so my feet and ankles were hurting me by the last few miles and they still hurt. 





The weather was beyond perfect for a Sunday afternoon run. 72 degrees. Light breeze. Sunshine! I am loving this weather.


My hubby kept an ear out for little man while I ran and he was ready to play as soon as I got home!

Count your many blessings, name them one by one!

 While my little guy enjoyed his milk and snack I refueled with the most amazing LUNA bar ever. Chocolate and coconut. Shut the front door!

                            

I have 40 more days until the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in Nashville! I am training adequately and am getting really excited. As always, I am hoping for a PR (Less than 2:18) and with the pace I have been training at that seems obtainable. I am taking lots of inclines into account and training for them when I am at the gym. 

This Saturday is The Color Me Rad 5K in Jackson. Stay posted for a recap!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner