Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, March 23, 2013


This morning started with a 5:45AM wake up call. I grabbed two breakfast cookies I made and stuffed them in my bag for the ride to Jackson. A group of us who were running met up and rode together via the church van. Rollin' in style. 

 
Here is what you'll need:

1/3 c quick oats
3/4 of a mashed banana
1.5 tbsp chocolate chips/ minis
1.5 tbsp coconut flakes
1 tsp natural sweetener

Mash banana first and then add the other ingredients together. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 2 large cookies.

Rise and shine, ladies
Aren't we so RAD in our crazy socks?




This race is comparable to the popular Color Run. We all signed up with FUN in mind and it was a great first 5K for a few members of our group. Of the thousands of participants, it seemed like a first 5K for the majority of people. I think it was a very non-intimidating atmosphere. It was not a timed run and honestly, probably 90% of the participants were walking.

I commend the participants for making this their first 5K, but there wasn't much running etiquette enforced. The DJ encouraged walkers to hang to the left and runners to the right, but I was weaving through crowds of walkers the entire way. People looked at me running like I was crazy! 





The whole idea is to wear white and get color bombed with bright colors at different color stations along the race route. 



We got our Color Bombs on a bit early and then headed to the start line for our 9:40AM wave start time!




On your right!



We were DRENCHED in color! So fun! So messy!

The race course was pretty nice. We went through a nice neighborhood with beautiful houses and there were a few inclines. I needed those for my training for The Country Music Half next month. We weren't timed but I kept up with my time. My unofficial time was 24:30 which is crazy because I didn't feel like I was running that fast. Maybe I wasn't. I run another 5K race on Tuesday so we'll see if my time is comparable to today's.


We ZUMBA and we RUN!



The fun part was getting all cleaned up. What a mess! We tried to clean up a bit before grabbing some Greek food for lunch at Keifer's

All in all this was a super fun race! It is not for the super serious runner's looking to get a PR. It is PERFECT for easing into the running scene. 

So thankful for the awesome running crew we had today!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner