Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, January 23, 2010



Three words: The Track Shack.



If you don't live in Orlando, let me explain to you how awesome The Track Shack is. It is like a runner's paradise. Ok, maybe not so drastic, but today Roy and I went for the first time and I loved it. The staff was phenomenal and they totally went above and beyond to give me some awesome service. I went to the Track Shack today to buy some chews for half-marathon training. I have heard that after 45 minutes of running your body needs to refuel and the best way to do that is with these chews, gummies, or even gel. I'm new to the whole running scene so I asked for some help on which ones to choose. I got a pretty good variety to try and will try them out on my next few long runs. Here are a few of the things I got...






This whole "running" thing is still so new to me, but I love it. If you remember from past blogs, I have had some serious knee pain. I took a few months off to rest it to see if I was just overworking it, but the pain has been consistent. Even today after 8 miles, my knees were bruised and I had to ice them for about an hour. Anyway, at the Track Shack I was told that the shoes I am training with (some pretty sweet Asics) might be causing my knee pain. The running shoes there are amazing. Wow! He had me try on 3 pair and I fell in love with the Asics Foundation.
Apparently my feet need some MAJOR support... way more than the running shoes I am wearing now are giving me. I'm hoping to save up some money and get them soon, given that the race is 6 weeks away!! Wow!! Needless to say, The Track Shack is amazing. I am in love with running and could easily get carried away with all of the awesome running accessories.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner