Posted by : RunnerBecky Saturday, October 24, 2009

I reached the 5 mile mark on Monday, but have been having serious knee pain for a few weeks now. After researching common knee injuries triggered by running I've self-diagnosed myself and I believe that I have runner's knee. In all my years of strength training and participating in athletics I have never had an injury, so I didn't know how serious to take my knee pain. Thankfully, runner's knee is incredibly common, especially for healthy, active women and those training for races, like I am. I plan to take 6 weeks off of running to rest my knees and hopefully give my knees some time to heal, which is hard considering I am far from my goal. I have been on a walking/running plan and it is taking me about 1 hour to run/walk five miles. I have officially registered for the half-marathon and am eager to get back to training!!! If you are interested in joining me in the race, visit http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=PrincessHalfMarathonDetailPage&pid=pip-0-0

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments


About Me

I'm a proud wife and mother to a precious 2 year old boy and baby girl ( Born December '13) and a lover of all things health and fitness. I am a Florida native living in small town Mississippi. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated on your fitness journey or if you are just getting started, Welcome Aboard!

Happy Running,
Becky

thedirtroadrunner@gmail.com











Powered by Blogger.

Copyright ©-The Dirt Road Runner